Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A quick trip

On wednesday last week, we headed out to our hotel for a spring break. We got there around 2, had a quick picnic of sandwiches and chips that I had brought with us and then went swimming. The hotel was full and there were alot of people there. Megan had fun, but Joseph, come to find out had a fever and didn't want much to do with the water, and Sarah didn't know what to do exactly. The pictures are of us in our hotel room. I didn't take any down at the water. We went shopping at an outlet mall the next day and swimming after that and left the following day.

The hotel had a restaurant where the kids eat free breakfast and dinner, which was good but the food wasn't all that great. Brent had soggy bread on a sandwich and I had the bottom part of lettuce in my salad, you know the part that most people don't eat and cut or tear out. It was interesting. We found a vending machine one of the nights with a microwave next to it and so we had popcorn, which Megan and Sarah thought was great, Joseph was asleep. It was a pretty family friendly hotel. They also had an arcade we checked out the morning before we left and the kids were able to trade in their tichets for a stuffed animal, which my kids love stuffed animals.
We had a nice time though and it was nice to be together as a family without any interruptions. I just wish Joseph had not been sick. I ate pretty good while we were gone for being on vacation. I had eggs for breakfast (that were a little watery), for lunch we had sandwiches and dinner I had the salad, and we ordered a pizza for dinner the second night because we couldn't stand to go back and have bad lettuce and soggy bread!
So all in all, it was a good time and the kids had fun!

No comments: