Friday, April 18, 2008

rain + rain + more rain = lots of worms

It has been raining for the last few days and I think the worms have come out in force. Last year Megan and Joseph would pick up the worms and move them back to the grass and "save them", this year Megan has learned all about germs and says we can't do that again because they have germs all over them. Joseph believes whatever Megan says so now he won't touch them either. Not that I want them playing with the worms. Last night I took the garbage can out to the street and had to tip toe all the way down so as not to step on one and I am sure the garbage can ran over about 20-30 of them, they were all over. It makes my stomach squirmish to step on any type of bug but especially worms! I should have taken a picture of it. The grass is turning a nice bright green so that is nice. It has been a really long winter here in Iowa so I think everyone here is sooo excited for spring.
My healthy eating is going well still. I am not a big fan of english muffins, but in eating healthy I can eat whole wheat english muffins. I have not wanted to try them, but the other day I bought some and thought I would give it a shot. So last night for dinner, I made myself a whole wheat english muffin (i toasted it), with mustard, turkey and tons of lettuce on it and it was Really good. And it has just the right amount of carbs for me. It was quick and very tasty. My friend also told me her new favorite healthy snack: canned peaches (in its own juice) with cinnamon warmed up with a healthy special K cereal on top. I am planning on trying this very soon.
Excersing is still working me good. I come home and all I want to do is go back to sleep, because I am so exhausted from my constant 45 minutes of moving! (and getting up so early) But I have my 1st meal, and then rest until it is time to get ready for the day. I wish I could sleep in tomorrow, but Megan has a game at 1:00 and I have a sharing time lesson to prepare for sunday, so it will be another busy day!
And in exciting news, my pants are starting to be more loose!

3 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

I admire you for making the commitment to eat healthy and to make time to exercise. Those are the two things I struggle with the most in my life. You'll be a kickboxing expert before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I loved the worms story, I can just see them all over the driveway! The kids look great! I have a Baked Salmon reciepe for you to try. Everyone loves it except your dad.
1 Cloves Garlic, minced (fresh is best)
1 Tsp. dried basil (this is what your dad doesn't like but makes the whole reciepe wonderful)
1 tsp. ground black pepper.
1 Tbs. fresh parsley chopped(I used dried)
6 Tbs. LIGHT olive oil.
1 tsp salt.
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 salmon fillets, no skin.
In a medium glass bowl mix all items together place fillets in glass baking dish and cover with marinade place in refigerator 1 hour (Alan did if for the whole day, I didn't do it at all, no time, both were wonderful.Jennie doesn't like fish and said she could eat this weekly.) Then place fillets in aluminum foil cover with marinade, and seal tightly, place back in the cleaned glass dish and bake 35 to 45 min. (6 oz 35 min, large fillets longer 45 etc.) I serve everything with a green salad or steamed veggies, steamed cabbage is my favorite with this.
Hope this will help make fish a normal part of your diet !
Love ya, Mom

Robyn said...

Ugh, the worms are gross. I can smell them!

I need to try those english muffins. Let me know what you think about the peaches and special k snack! Yum!