Monday, June 30, 2008

pictures from vaca-trip


So we are heading into "bear country" and the kids are scared. We are driving and they are searching every where to see if they can spot a bear. So after about 30-40 minutes of trying to calm their fears, I finally say "the chances of us seeing a bear is very small." In other words, we won't see a bear. We drive all through yellowstone and see about 5 buffalo, a few deer and some pretty birds. woo-hoo. We head out of yellowstone and hit tons of cars on the side of the road we think more buffalo. To our surprise, there were 3 bears! So we got out and got a closer look after we assured the kids they were going to be okay. You might have to click on it and look more closely.



This is a lot of what we saw in yellowstone. Kind of sad.



My sister had baby kittys! They were soooo cute.



My dad is a kid at heart and actually has a cotton candy machine! So this is Megan in heaven with a huge ball of cotton candy!


All the grandkids enjoying cotton candy.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yellowstone. Have wanted to go there since I was a kid and never have. Seeing your pics of dead trees makes me feel slightly better but I'm still envious.

I have to ask what leads one to the actual purchasing of a cotton candy machine? Talk about a cool grandpa!

Robyn said...

How fun! I haven't been to Yellowstone in years, and when I did, it was just for a day. Definately need more time than that!
Glad you guys are back!