Sunday, December 5, 2010

Already slacking

Yesterday's post was written in my head but not on here and posted until today, so I am already slacking in my 31 days. Although there will still be 31 posts.
My favorite things to do while preparing for Christmas:
*Decorating the tree and around the fireplace - which are the only 2 area I really decorate, until this year I hung up lights outside!
*Have hot chocolate and toast for breakfast as much as possible, at least the kids, who doesn't LOVE hot chocolate and toast
* Wear long sleeves and socks everyday, to try and stay warm and cozy
* Make Christmas goodies, i.e. cookies - choc. chip, sugar cookie, snickerdoodle, fudge, choc. covered pretzels, mmmmmmm yum
* take pictures of the kids to send out christmas cards
* talk to the kids about the true meaning of Christmas and how we need to keep why we celebrate Christmas. (hopefully if you ever ask the kids this question they won't respond with something like "to get presents!")
* listen to Christmas music
* Go through toys and get rid of/store some to make room for new ones coming in a few weeks
* Watch as many Christmas movies/shows as possible, the Hallmark channel is my fav, especially on weekends
Christmas time is always so wonderful!!!

What special thing do you do?

1 comment:

The Iowa Ross Family said...

I definitely love the hot chocolate and toast!