Saturday, March 15, 2008

So yesterday, I did my running in the morning and I am glad today is Saturday because I got to sleep in! I am going to enjoy my Sat. mornings until I start the kick boxing. I have been drinking enough water everyday, the kick boxing place gave me a huge water bottle. I believe it is 64 oz. which is the recommended daily water everyone should drink. Although my kids love to drink out of it, so between me and my kids I have been filling it up twice a day. Sarah especially likes it, she thinks it is hers, so needless to say she has been having some VERY wet diapers! I also watched two neighbor kids yesterday and after they left Megan and Joseph each had a friend over. Between them and their wants and trying to keep Sarah very being plowed over by the running around, I was on the move. I plan on recording all the steps I take in a day and the calories I have had each day. Yesterday my steps were 10,166, which they say you should have about 10,000 a day. I didn't keep track of my calories yesterday because we had the missionaries over for dinner and I made lasagne, salad, and garlic bread. Since it took me over on hour to make it I was going to enjoy it! I did only have one portion of it all, which I think portion control is important. So yesterday was a busy day. I don't know exactly what we have planned today but I am hoping we have some good weather so made a walk can be part of the day! Well, I better sign off, Sarah wants to help me type and she hasn't figured out yet how to spell or type sooo.... later!

2 comments:

Angela said...

You started your post at 7am and you say that is sleeping in? Sometimes I get my kids up at 6:30a but most of the time I am disappointed if they get up before 8! (And get me up in the process)
And 10,000 steps? I think the most I EVER got on my most busy days was around 7,000. I might have hit 9,000 ONCE> You are a moving Mama! Keep it up!
Ange

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Have you tried wheat pasta? It's great stuff. You have to buy the Hodges Mill kind though. It's in the red box in the health section at Hy-vee. GREAT flavor. Personally I HATE pasta it makes me gag. I always feel so sick afterwards like it's just sitting there. But with the angel hair wheat pasta I am able to stand a little. My problem isn't bread my problem is desserts and it's not the standard Mormon desserts (brownies, cookies, ice cream) it's the crazy high fat stuff. Creme Brulee, cheesecake, chocolate mousse in chocolate bowl cups, Chocolate Ganache Truffle cake that I make last week! I need to just stop. I just came back from walking and saw your blog post.
I started my detox (no desserts and walk everyday) today! (This is long sorry)