Saturday, May 10, 2008

6 weeks down and Mother's Day already?

I am officially done with 6 weeks of kickboxing and I have 4 more. I can not believe that it has gone by so quickly. I have definitely seen improvements and I feel healthier. Joseph told me yesterday that I looked thinner and almost like the pictures before I was married! I thanked him and then said I still have a long ways to go but someday...... I am still 4 sizes away to get there. My friend asked me the other day if I am going to be sad to be done with this and I think I will be. I definitly will not miss getting up a quarter to 5 in the morning but I will miss going there. Hopefully I can keep up with something at home or join a gym. I have learned a lot about different exercise moves and how to keep moving and the right form for doing excersice and more about nutrition and I think all this will help me to keep it up, at least until I get pregnant and get sick again. Who knows maybe I won't get sick (this is wishful thinking!) (this is not an announcement yet but hopefully will be in the next 4-5 months.)

The kids are doing great and keeping me plenty busy. Megan is excited for summer and better weather and having a break from school. She loves school but sometimes going 5 days a week from 9-4 is a little much and I think she wishes she could just stay home sometimes. She still loves to do crafts and likes to color or glue or make rockets lately. She has done so good in kindergarten this year. We are so proud of her!

Joseph is still learning like crazy and being a boy. He is always trying to pick on Sarah. He doesn't know how to play with her just yet so he is constantl putting either his hands or feet on her and that drives her crazy. He has 3 more times at preschool and next year he goes 3 days a week to preschool. I am afraid he will be bored out of his mind. Megan has taught him much of what she has learned and so he knows the entire alphabet and sounds of the letters and is starting to put them together. The same for numbers, he can count to 100. He just turned 4 in April!! What am I going to do with him!?!

Sarah is growing and growing. She loves to go on walks and be outside. She is talking a lot and always singing. She handed me a yogurt container last night and said as clear as day "open it".
She really is saying new words every day and Megan and Joseph are always trying to get her to say new things. She just adores them so most of the time will cooperate. We feel like she is still a bit wobbly in the walking department but that will improve with time. She is constantly taking out the hair clips I put in her hair. Her hair is long enough right now that is goes right in front of her eyes down to her nose, so I try to get it out of the way and she just pulls them right out! She is a stinker.

My kids are so wonderful and I love them so much. With tomorrow being Mother's Day, Brent took them out shopping today to get me something. I was thinking that just being their mom and looking at their beautiful faces and being able to give them hugs and kisses is the best present ever!!! I love you Megan, Joseph and Sarah!!!

I also want to wish my mom and Brent's mom a very wonderful Mother's Day!!! We wouldn't be where we are today without great mothers like you two.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hey! Happy mom's day! I haven't posted it on my blog yet, but we're having a....girl! Very excited. You're doing awesome! Keep up the kicking! If you stick with it maybe you'll be able to do it in high heels by next year. Not tempted?

Parkinson Family said...

Way to go on the workouts! You're awesome! Way to go getting up so early to do it too! You're doing great! I'm up for walking any time you want. Just give me a call!