Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The need to VENT!

I need to vent! Maybe if I get some of my frustrations out in black and white, I will be able to let this go and move on.
My brother-in-law was to get married this saturday, he emailed us and gave us the info for a Holiday Inn Express for all the "wedding party" to make reservations at. So I looked it up online and made reservations, using the "special" code he gave us. This was a month ago. We get our credit card bill and the hotel has already charged us, I thought sometimes this is normal, we have been charged a fee in advance before, but this was the whole $220 bucks for 2 nights.

This last week we found out the wedding is off. No, this is a good thing. It did not sound healthy from the beginning. Anyway, I call to cancel, and they tell me they can not refund a penny!!!!!!! I am fuming still and it has been 3 days. When I went online it pulled up a list of rooms under this "special" code and I just clicked on the cheapest one. Who wouldn't??? Appearently this wasn't part of the whole "special wedding party" (so why wasn't this mentioned?) this was an advance purchase price. Are you kidding me?!?! How in their "honorable" company policy can they expect people to pay for a hotel room and as the "general manager" said "take a risk" at paying for it a full month in advance!

The wedding was called off, not our doing, but I think the least this lousy hotel can do is give us our money back. They won't even give us a credit to use towards another of their hotels! I wouldn't even care if they charged us a fee of some sort for canceling, but for heavens sake give us our money back.

Either way, we are not paying. I am disputing the charge on my card and if that doesn't work my brother-in-law is paying. We are still heading out to Idaho and Utah and I am doing everything in my power to stay away from Holiday Inn! They better watch out if I ever stay in one again. They might end up missing a few items!!!!!!!!!!!! GGRRRRR!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

First off I can't believe they charged you in advance. I have never heard of a hotel doing that. Secondly, we got charged once for a hotel room we canceled too. When the hotel wouldn't refund our money I disputed it and got all our money back. Also, from my work experience, if a company doesn't have a signed receipt from you they don't have a leg to stand on with the credit card companies. Good luck!

Leslie said...

I am sorry to hear about your horrible hotel experience. I think it is ridiculous that they can charge you the entire amount the whole time. It is great to hear that you are doing well. I can't believe how big your kids are. When are you coming to Utah? It has been very hot here, but at least there is no humidity. We are doing well. Gary has one more year left and I stay at home with our little boy. I only work one day a week at a hospital. Tell Brent we said hi. Take Care, Gary and Leslie Oaks