Monday, July 21, 2008

At it again

I finished my kickboxing at the beginning of June and I am ashamed to say I have not kept up excersing like I wanted to at home.
On my last few days of my class I came down with strep throat, June 7th, I even ran the mile with it and it hurt!, so it took a few days to recover, then it was time to prepare for our 11 day vacation. We got back from that on the 29th of June and I came down with strep again! on the 1st of July. I didn't exercise during any of this mind you.
I don't know what has been going on since I have felt better. I don't know if my body was trying to make up for all the 10 weeks of getting up at 4:30am, but I have been sleeping until about 8:00am. Brent gets up at 5:30am gets ready in our room for the next 2 hours and then leaves for work at 7:30am and I am (most of the time) DEAD asleep!
So I was sick of this. For me getting up and exercising and then being showered and dressed before the kids get up makes my days go better. I can get out the door earlier in the day and I just plain feel better about myself. So I called my neighbor and said "I need to exercise, I know it is asking a lot, but do you want to get up at 6:00am and go walking with me, as often in the week as you can?" She said yes! So we started today. It felt good to be up and "power walk" (I Hate running) and be ready again early. Hopefully we can keep it up! Anyone want to join us?!

1 comment:

Chrissy Jo said...

Suzie, I totally would but I'll be out of town for a bit. Maybe when I get back we'll see how I'm doing! Way to go though being all self motivated. :-)