Tuesday, September 16, 2008

isms

eating cookie dough on sunday.....sooooo yummy!

Joseph-ism -

Our cats like turkey, the kids know this, so I am getting ready for the day and the kids are playing with one of the cats, Joseph walks into my room holds up a bag of turkey

Joseph: "I want Liddy up on the bed with us" (hence the turkey being held up for me to see)

Me: "why don't you just pick him up and put him on the bed?"

Joseph's face breaks into a great big smile and look of joy and says "OH YEAH" runs out to put the turkey back in the fridge! It was really cute and I had to laugh to myself over his cute reaction to the "simple solution".

Megan -ism -
Megan: "I LOVE going to work"

Me: "You go to work?"

Megan: "Yeah, school!" with a look of duh! mom on it.

I figure this is a far assessment since she leaves home at 8:35am and doesn't get back until 4:35pm. I will be glad when she is back at her regular building.

Sarah-ism - I have just dropped off Joseph at preschool and I am talking to the head director there, Sarah is being shy-silly-goofy. Just acting funny, especially when we would look at her or talk to her.

director: "Sarah how old are you?"

Sarah: bends down and puts hands on floor so her bottom is sticking up in the air and says "spongebutt, spongebutt" mind you she says words quite clearly! We both had a good laugh, mine more from embaressment! The joy of older siblings!


I think Sarah will be our piano player, she loves it! She will actually sing the whole song but not for the camera, I will get her one of these days though!

3 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

That is so cute of Sarah playing and singing. How old is she again? She is a doll!!

Angela said...

Spongebutt, huh? I bet I can guess where she got that one. Older siblings indeed. What happened to the days of Teletubbies?

What building is Megan in if not her own? Are they remodleing at her school?

Megane said...

Megan's school is being remodeled this year so they are all being bused to Clegg Park, which is over off of 8th and Ashworth. It can be a pain, but it is just for this year! It will be done in May and at the end of the year they will move the school back over to Western Hills, then Megan will be in 2nd grade and Joseph in kindergarten!!! Crazy!