Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not very often (a little long)

Yesterday was one of Those days....I didn't want to get out of my comfortable warm bed...it was raining and cold out....I didn't want to get the kids up and go through the process of getting them ready for school and the mayhem of the morning.....but I did.

Then I had a busy day....a piano being delivered.....geek squad coming over to install a new tv and surround sound....a meeting with a couple of moms (at my house) from school to talk about a project for the new remodel of Megan's school....take Joseph to preschool and pick up....go to the grocery store....this all on top of the daily chores and playing and what not. This is why I wanted to stay in bed. But I didn't

So the piano comes at 9:30am.... I am excited.... it was free... I knew it needed alot of TLC. But I see potential and I think it will look nice....someday, but I was disappointed at how much TLC it needs, I need to say that again, it needs ALOT OF TLC.
When I went to look at it, it was covered with stuff so I wasn't able to look at ALL of it...now getting it here in our bare living room, you can see it ALL. I knew Brent would not be to happy and see it as it was and not the potential....but hopefully I can take care of it......

I continued to wait for geek squad to call or come, by 12:30, time to take Joseph to preschool, nothing, by the end of my meeting, now 2:00, nothing, by the time I pick Joseph up at 3:00, nothing, I go to the store, which was a Nightmare.... kids asking for EVERYTHING.... crying in the middle of the store.... I was hoping to be in and out in 20 minutes or less, I didn't need very many things.... it took us 40 min. to get out of the store.....aaaahhhhhhh..... get back home at about 4:00, put groceries away, still nothing from geek squad.

Mind you, in between all of this I am moving toys and trying to get things in order for the new tv and install, plus dealing with kids.

4:00 I am annoyed..... With the whole grocery store drama and just being on the go from the
time I got up and not hearing a thing from geeks.... I call them and they tell me it is UNSCHEDULED! Can you believe I wait all flippin' day and they aren't even coming when they even called friday and said they would.....long story short....I talked to 4 different people and got nowhere....they are coming out thursday.......all the while talking to them on the phone I am down on the corner of our street waiting for the bus and Megan...which usually shows up at about 4:35, it didn't get here until a couple minutes before 5:00!!!!! (they had a sub driver, not a nice one either says a couple of kids)

By now I am on my last nerves....I get up home....kids put a movie on -fine keep them busy for awhile.....Brent gets home.....disappointed by the piano and says so.....I am frazzled.....they also came to aerate our yard and seed the backyard and the note says "water everyday for 2-3 weeks"!.....I am asked "so are you going to water it everyday?!" .... I am more frazzled.....I change a dirty diaper.....I go in the bathroom....turn on the light and fan and have a good cry.......This is what does not happen to me very often.....

There are days that I feel annoyed or things aren't going to well, but I can usually get over it....but not yesterday.....I had had enough.....I get emotional just typing about it. It was just one of those days where everything just wears on you......I am not a real emotional person anyways, I don't cry often and I don't let things get to me....who knows what was going on with me yesterday.....

I finally composed myself and continued on... made dinner.....did the whole night routine.....I felt drained...

Today, is a new day though and I just want to move on. I am going to go eat lunch at school with all my kids with Megan, get Joseph a very much needed haircut, look for new pants or shoes for him also, and just try to have a better day.

It always feels good to just let emotions and thoughts out in black and white.

These are a few photos of our "new"piano....The bottom one shows how much TLC it needs, the whole thing looks alot like this, scratches, paint splattes, worn finish. Any suggestions? Maybe it doesn't look to bad, but I want it to look better.
And it will someday!!! so help me!!!

9 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Wow, I feel for you. I don't even have kids but I totally understand just needing to cry and let out how you are feeling. I had to leave work an hour early last week because I was so frustrated with things. Hopefully today will be better:)

Kelly said...

Oh I am sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. It is nice to know that I'm not the only one that gets overwelmed with life once in awhile. I think your piano looks nice in the picture. It may need a lot of TLC but it has a lot of character. When you finish it up it will be a beautiful piece of furniture.

Chrissy Jo said...

Sorry about the lousy day. I agree with Kelly that it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has those days where you want to lock yourself in the bathroom and cry. Does your piano play well? That is the biggest and most important part that takes the most work to fix... Other than that, we usually keep pictures and stuff on top of ours to cover up the scratches, and keep the keep flap (whatever you wall it) open so you can't see the scratches and scuffs on that either. Oh, and you'll see the primary song book up all the time to cover up those dings... what a blessing for a free piano eh? That's how we got ours too, and it is the only way my kids will ever get the chance to learn to play... seriously who can afford a new one? Hope all is well!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Sometimes you just know when a day is going to be rotten, don't you? I'm always glad to remember that tomorrow is an opportunity to start fresh and put that rottenness behind. It must be exciting to have a piano! It's yours now, so you can do whatever you want to it - in your own time. Wasn't the doily invented to cover up marks on a piano??

Tam said...

Oh, I love this post. That sounds kind of bad, but it's nice to know other wives/mothers have similar emotions and frustrations. Good luck with the piano, sometimes just a new coat of paint does wonders.

Marianne and Matt said...

I have had a few "Crying in the bathroom" days myself. Everyone needs them. I like the piano, I see a lot of potential. couldn't you just sand it al ittle and them restain it? Even if you don't, I think it looks fine. I would love a free piano!

Angela said...

Yeah, I can picture you upset...but not crying. I'd rather cry for you than see you cry! (I'm totally a crier!) I don't even go to the bathroom to cry because I just get followed. That ticked me off about the geek squad and waiting for the bus thing. I'd tell them they are all fired.;)

The piano...hmmm. How do the keys look? Are they chipped? I'd say cover the top with a long piece of bright material (like a table runner), leave the lid open (polish the keys), put a nice music book on the music stand, or replace that part. Put a nice desk lamp on it and maybe a vase of flowers and buy a stool that is adjustable for height (that doesn't necessarily match the piano). You can also sew a cushion to cover the top of the old bench if needed. If the legs are trashy...ummm...I don't know what to say. I wouldn't refinish it, personally. I've refinished enough furniture to know that might not be the best thing with a piano, or worth your time. It's a pain to strip. You could try to retouch it? And I have seen painted pianos. (They don't look as nice, but it might look better.) Then, pay the $100 bucks and have it tuned. Nothing says junky piano like an out of tune piano. Good luck!

Robyn said...

Oh, poor Suzie!... And you forgot to mention that in the middle of all this, (probably right after your hubby gets home and sees the piano) you get a call from mooch friend who wants your gloves!
I'm glad that you had a good cry. It is good for us. And then you got up to face a new day. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

You really should have called someone to come over and help with things.

I am so sorry I wasn't there to help!

You amaze me though.