Thursday, April 3, 2008

catch me up

It has been a few days, so I will catch you up. The kick boxing has still been pretty tough and very tiring, but I do enjoy it and once I get all the moves down I think it will get a little easier. The stength training is with bands and those are tough right now, we have started out just doing 2 sets of 16, but will move up to 3 sets of 16 with the middle set being quick. The arms were definitely harder than the legs in my opinion. It is all a very good work out and I get my heart rate up, and I always feel really good afterwards. I do, however, need a nap for a little while everyday, because getting up at 4:30am can be terrible if I don't. I find that more sleep gives me more patience and I know my kids like that.

The diet part is good. My favorite things for breakfast is 2 eggs, a piece of whole wheat toast, with a banana, or a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter on it, yum! Lunches are usually salad unless I have leftovers from the night before, which I have done a couple of times. And dinners this week have been salmon, pita with turkey and lettuce, whole wheat bread with turkey and lettuce and grapes and snacks have been either pudding, nuts, string cheese, or a protein bar (which are not my favorite) Tonight I had the pita bread with turkey and lettuce warmed up, with grapes, which was really good. I made homemade chicken noodle soup for everybody else. My kids would never eat what I had.

Yesterday was Joseph's 4th birthday so that was a fun filled day. We went to the mall and played, came home had lunch, made his birthday cake and cleaned, picked up Megan, went to Megan's first baseball practice, came home had a quick dinner so he could open presents, had cake and went to bed. I will post pictures tomorrow. I can't believe 4 years ago I was in the hospital with him! He was such an adorable baby and still is as a boy. Life has changed so much. We moved into our house when he was 2 weeks old, Joseph grew so fast, walking and talking, and growing tall, and Megan was 2 1/2 and now she is in kindergarten and now we have little Sarah. We have been sooooo blessed!

Today Megan was sick and stayed home, but Joseph still went to preschool. Between taking care of Megan, Sarah always wanting attention and doing loads of laundry, today has been a busy day.... so my head needs to hit the pillow! Look for pictures tomorrow.

Recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup
1 bag of Homemade frozen noodles
1 can chicken breast
celery cut up (add as much or as little as you like of this and the following)
carrots cut up (my family doesn't like to many of these)
onions cut up
salt & pepper
chicken boullion

add everything to a pot and slowly boil for about 25 minutes. Add whole wheat frozen rolls and this is a great meal!

No comments: